How to cook delicious carp – For a long time, Vietnamese meals have been indispensable for dishes made from fish. Among them, carp braised with galangal and braised carp with turmeric are the most popular and nutritious dishes. Let’s Bếp Nhà Tui Learn how to make these two dishes!
The delicious taste and unique and strange taste make carp braised with ginger and carp braised in the forest, which is passed on by many housewives to treat the whole family. If you don’t know yet How is the carp warehouse? Try it out by following the recipe below.
The dish from carp is both delicious and nutritious (Photo: Internet)
- 1 Braised carp with galangal in the North
- 2 Braised carp with turmeric
- 3 The secret to choosing to buy delicious carp
Braised carp with galangal in the North
Ingredients to prepare carp braised galangal
- 1 carp
- 100g pork belly
- Fresh galangal root
- Lemongrass, ginger
- Dried onion, chili
- Fish sauce, soy sauce, seasoning, oyster sauce, sugar
- Dried Shiitake Mushroom
Braised carp galangal looks attractive and delicious (Photo: Internet)
How to cook delicious braised carp with galangal
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- When buying carp, you clean, remove intestines, gills and then rinse with dilute salt water to reduce the fishy smell. Then, wash the fish again in warm water about 4-5 times to make the fish more firm. Then you cut the fish into pieces about 2.5cm thick, drain the water.
- When buying pork belly, you should not choose too much lean meat or too much fat. When you buy it, you wash it, drain it, cut it into pieces and then marinate it with: fish sauce, salt, sugar, and water, then mix well to infuse the meat with the spices for about 15-20 minutes.
- Galangal you bring peeled, washed and cut into thin slices, smashed. Or you can grind or crush galangal to marinate with fish for a richer flavor.
- Lemongrass is washed and finely chopped.
- Peel and grate ginger.
Step 2: Marinate braised fish
Carp you bring marinated with spices include: 1 teaspoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoning, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon MSG, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, ginger, lemongrass minced with 2 chili peppers. Then use chopsticks to mix well, marinate the fish for about 15-20 minutes.
Step 3: Fish stock
You prepare an earthen pot or a pot with a thick bottom and then arrange them in order: galangal, ginger, fish, meat. Finally, you put the shiitake mushrooms on top. Next, you add cooled boiling water to the fish pot and then put it on the stove to simmer for 10-15 minutes so that the fish infuses, cooks thoroughly and does not burn. Then, when the fish boils, add some green tea to the same pot.
Step 4: Done
You keep the fish for about 40 minutes, until there is only a little water left in the pot, turn off the stove. In the process of storing fish, you should not use chopsticks to turn the fish so that the fish does not break. Finally, you put the fish on a plate and enjoy it hot with steamed rice.
Braised carp with turmeric
Materials needed to prepare carp with turmeric
- 1 carp
- Fresh turmeric
- Straw mushrooms
- Dry onion
- Seasoning seeds, ground pepper, granulated sugar, delicious fish sauce
Carp dish braised with golden turmeric. (Internet photo)
How to store carp with turmeric
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- When buying carp, you clean it with a little salt and lemon to remove the fishy smell of the fish, then cut the fish into bite-sized pieces. Then marinate the fish with a little seasoning, minced dried onions, and ground pepper. Mix the fish well and marinate the fish for about 20 minutes so that the fish can absorb the spices evenly.
- Turmeric and carrots are peeled, washed and cut into thin slices.
- Wash and chop the green onions.
- Straw mushrooms you cut off the legs, wash and cut into 4 parts.
Step 2: Fish stock
You put the fish in the pot, then put turmeric, carrots and mushrooms on the top one by one. Next, you mix well until the turmeric turns a beautiful golden color. Then you put in the fish some delicious fish sauce and sugar. When the fish is hunted, add ½ cup of water and cook until the fish is soft. Cook with low heat so that the fish juice is thick and not burnt.
Step 3: Done
When done, add minced scallions and ground pepper and turn off the heat. You display the carp braised with turmeric and enjoy with boiled vegetables and tubers, it will be very attractive.
The secret to choosing to buy delicious carp
- You should choose a fish that is thick, thick from top to bottom, not just thick belly. Thick belly fish is usually egg belly or fatty fish, these fish are usually not sweet.
- For carp, when buying, choose a longer, thicker female because it will be sweeter and more fragrant. Do not be greedy for heavy children, because these animals often have large intestines, rich in fat, but the meat is not sweet because they only eat a lot of industrial food and the growth time is not long.
With the way to make 2 dishes of braised fish with turmeric and braised galangal as above, hopefully you can bring delicious meals for the whole family to enjoy. Good luck!